Advisory Board Membership FAQs
- What exactly is the IPI Advisory Board?
- The IPI Advisory board is a team of experts, specializing in a range of business-critical areas, that develop strategy and implementation plans for their specified area. The goal of the Advisory Board is to help the IPI move the mission forward by leveraging their individual knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Do Advisory Board members also sit on the Board of Directors?
- No. Though Advisory Board members are critical to the success of our organization, they do not have voting rights like a Board of Directors member would.
- How does someone get onto an Advisory Board?
- Advisory Board membership is by invitation only. This invitation could come from either the President of the IPI or a member of the Board of Directors.
- What are the different Advisory Boards?
- A. Current Advisory Boards under consideration:
- Public Relations
- Organizational Finance
- Financial Planning
- Social Media/Online Presence
- Ambassador/Volunteer Program
- Human Resources/Job Placement
- Social Work/Public Assistance
What will I do, specifically, on an Advisory Board?
Inaugural Advisory Board members will need to define scope and write Advisory Board member descriptions. We would also ask that the inaugural members play an active role in recruiting additional Advisory Board members.
Once the initial team has been identified, Advisory Board members will be expected to attend monthly meetings to discuss progress on Advisory Board projects and programs.
Below are a few more specifics as it relates to the Advisory Board role:
- Serve as a mentor and expert for Board of Director and President
- Serve as an advocate for Integrated Play, Inc. networking on the organizations behalf
- Fundraising for the IPI throughout the year
Are there any other membership requirements?
In addition to attending meetings and leading efforts for your specific area, each member is expected to donate or raise a minimum of $10,000 to the organization.
What do I receive in return for my membership?
In addition to being part of a highly visible philanthropic organization. Members are invited to an annual luncheon along with honorable mention during all of the IPI events.
In addition, you will receive VIP access to all IPI events, your name on our company letterhead, name and recognition on our website, blogs and newsletters and logo exposure on our partner page.